With dynamic advertisements, you automatically promote your inventory to people who have shown interest on your website, in your app or elsewhere on the internet. Dynamic ads look exactly like other single-image ads, carousel ads, or collection ads on Facebook, Instagram, and the Audience Network. Instead of creating a separate ad for each item you're promoting, you can create an ad template that automatically uses the images and information from your catalog for the items you want to advertise.
You can retarget people who have taken action on your website or app using dynamic ads. You can also use broad target groups to reach people who have never visited your website or app before. Your ads then show people relevant products from your catalog when they visit Facebook, Instagram, the Audience Network or Messenger. We call this product recommendations.
Dynamic ads show relevant product recommendations to people, so they perform actions based on your ad. When you optimize your ads for a specific purpose (such as clicks on links or conversions), Facebook chooses products from your catalog that deliver the best results for you. For example, if you optimize for conversions, Facebook will show products that can boost the number of conversions.
Here are some examples of products that may affect the recommendations:
- The products that someone has viewed on your website or in your app
- The popular products from your catalog
- The products that your audience or similar people have interacted with on Facebook or beyond
- Reach more buyers: Show people items that suit their interests, regardless of whether they have visited your website or app.
- Complete the sale: retarget buyers on your website or in your mobile app to remind them of the items they viewed, but did not purchase.
- Find new potential buyers: Reach people who have shown interest in your products (or products that are similar to yours) with targeting of broad target groupseven if they haven't visited your website or app yet.
- Reach people everywhere: Show ads to people on their mobile devices and computer, via Facebook, Instagram and the Audience Network.
- Scale your creative: Promote all your items with unique creative without having to set up each individual ad.
To create a dynamic ad, you need the following:
- A catalog: A catalog contains information (such as item prices and descriptions) for the items you want to advertise with your Facebook ads. More information about catalogs.
- The Facebook pixel and / or Facebook SDK: The Facebook pixel is a piece of code that you put on your website, with which you can measure, optimize and build audiences for your ad campaigns. The Facebook SDK allows you to track the success of your app ads. More information about the Facebook pixel and / or the Facebook SDK for dynamic advertising.
How it works
- Set up the Facebook pixel on your website and set up the Facebook SDK in your mobile app. These tools provide information about how people view your items and what actions they take.
- Create a catalog for all the items you want to promote on Facebook, Instagram, the Audience Network and Messenger. A catalog contains a list of items and related information, such as price, location, and availability. These details are then displayed in your dynamic ad.
- Create a dynamic ad for the items you want to promote in the Ad Manager. You can create a dynamic ad with a single image, the carousel format or the collection ad format.
- People you target then see an ad on Facebook, Instagram, in the Audience Network or in Messenger with the items they viewed on your website or app.